So no matter how much I wash my hair or comb thru tht part of my hair I I always get these little strans of oily, sticky clumps of hair near my scalp mostly on the right side of my hair. I smelled it to see if it was shampoo or cream rinse I forgot to rinse out but it was sent less. I have very thick curly hair. So if anyone knows what this may be plz tell me. Ps I'm 16 if tht makes a diff cuz my mom says it may just be teen oils and hormones

Hi teenagedirtbag,

do these clumps appear days after you washed your hair, or are they there immediately after you wash it? If they appear days later, than your mom might be just right - you do secrete a lot more hormones during puberty - they are responsible for your body development, but also they have a big effect on hair follicles. Like with acne - they are also hair follicles that are specialized in a way that they don't grow hair, but instead secrete oily substance. That's why most people in puberty gets acne. So, it makes sense that the same thing happens to your hair,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

Its just because of your oily scalp and nothing else. Use shampoo that has lemon extract it will help you.