Hi everyone,

I have been thinking about this for quite some time now and whenever I think that I have finally made up my mind to do it, I find some reasons not to do it. I don't know, I guess that I am just afraid of the outcome and that one day I might regret doing this.

I need help. Can anyone here tell me more about pros and cons of tubal ligation, everything that you know about it, once I see everything written here on one place, I hope that I will finally be able to make up my mind.

Hi Guest,

Well, first of all, you need to question your reasons for doing this. If you think that your reasons for doing tubal ligation are good, then you can proceed to the next step which is to learn about how safe the procedure is. The procedure is actually quite safe because medicine has progressed so much so you don't have to worry about that but one of the cons is that if you decide to do tubal ligation reversal, you are not very likely to become pregnant after it and the procedure actually costs a lot of money, up to 9 thousand dollars.

I don't really understand how do you expect people to answer that question, should you have your tubes tied? It is just weird, tubal ligation surgery is a surgery that is done so many times now, it is really safe so the only thing that you want to ask yourself is if this is what you want to do, that is the answer to your question.  On the other hand, ChameleonColor is right, you shouldn't do this if you are having second thoughts or if you think that you are going to have tubal ligation reversal some day because it is crazily expensive.

I tied my tubes a couple of years ago and I think that it was the best decision that I've ever made. I simply told to myself that that was exactly what I wanted and kind of needed so I did it and I didn't regret a single time. 

I think that if your mind is not completely set for this that you shouldn't do it then, otherwise you will just be thinking about what you have done and you are not going to be sure if it was the right thing to do or not, you can try it when you feel completely ready to do it.

Hi Guest,

If you think that you do not have all the information that you want to have about tubal ligation, I think that you will find this article to be useful - 

https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/tubal-ligation-side-effects.

It will tell you more about tubal ligation and its bad sides and I think that it might help you determine whether you want to do it or not.

I think that the others are right though, if your mind is not completely set for the idea of tubal ligation, then you probably shouldn't do it, if I were you, I would wait a bit until I feel completely ready.

Hello!

Before you read "our" pros and cons, you should consult your doctor about anything and if you have any doubts why you should or should not do this procedure - ask him.

I know that a lot of girls consider that one of the best pros of this procedure is because it is permanent. There is no way back. With as little as 1% margin of error, tubal ligation is one of the most effective ways not to get pregnant ever again. This ligation is forever.

But I do know one girl who was really sorry when she did this procedure, so I don't know should I consider it as one of the pros or cons? 

Good day. Here is what you need to know when it comes to pros and cons of tubal ligation. There are so many benefits of it. For example, one of the biggest pros is that it is safe and that usually, once it is done, you should not be scared of the side - effects. I was reading some comments and ladies usually say that this is the best thing that they have done after they gave a birth to child or kids, it doesn't matter. When it comes to cons there is a possibility for theoretical damage to internal organs after the anesthesia. That is why you need to get to know this procedure before you do it.

Like any other procedure, this one has its pros and cons as well. I think that this is OK choice if you don't want to have kids anymore, but some girls are making a mistake believing that this is the only choice. There are so many other contraceptive methods that you can have and that you can choose. 

Some of the pros are: it is permanent, it is not painful, it is very effective, you can do this procedure right after you have a birth, etc.

Some of the cons are: it is permanent (it can be good and bad), you can have hormonal problems, risk of cancer....

I did this as well and I am not sorry for doing this procedure. But you have to keep one thing in your mind - even if tubal ligation is a safe procedure and complications are extremely rare, but still they do sometimes happen. Most often, it's an accidental injury to the bowel, bladder, or arteries. So, like others already told you, you need to consult your doctor very carefully and ask him whatever you want to know. Also, a lot of girls believe that once they do this procedure, they are safe from any type of the diseases. That is wrong. Remember, tubal ligation can't protect you from STD, HIV, etc...So, still you need to be careful. Good luck.