Hello everyone,

I have to admit to you that this is making me nervous because I did tubal ligation because I didn't want to become pregnant ever again, I am completely done with having kids and now this is happening. I keep noticing some symptoms that I had when I was pregnant for the first time and I am afraid that I might actually be pregnant again... but how is that possible if I did tubal ligation a few years ago? Could this be? Is it maybe possible that my tubal ligation surgery wasn't done properly and that I am actually pregnant now?

Hey Guest,

I am afraid that pregnancy after tubal ligation is actually quite possible and I think that you should talk to your doctor since you are having pregnancy symptoms. You are actually very likely to have ectopic pregnancy and that is why you want to talk to your doctor. This can actually be very dangerous, I am sorry, I am not trying to scare you, this is just how things are and it is more of a reason to go and talk to your doctor, you are likely to need to have surgery done, I hope that everything is going to be okay.

Chocolate Bar is right, I think that it is time for you to contact your doctor. Didn't he already tell you after you had your tubal ligation surgery that you are supposed to contact him immediately if you notice any signs or symptoms of pregnancy? And you are not to blame your doctor or your surgeon because before you even did tubal ligation, you should have been aware that this procedure doesn't necessarily mean that you definitely won't be able to become pregnant because pregnancies after tubal ligation definitely do happen. I guess that these news aren't really good for you, I'm sorry about that.

Okay, that is exactly what I was hoping not to hear. I never really thought that I can get pregnant after doing tubal ligation, that is why I did tubal ligation in the first place, to not be able to get pregnant. And now what? What if I am pregnant? I can't be pregnant again, I can't raise another child, I don't want to do it, that is exactly why I did tubal ligation, oh God, why is this happening to me now... Well, I guess I will just go and see my doctor and I'll check if I am pregnant as well...

I also believe that this is possible. I was reading a lot about it and I found one interesting article. Some gynecologist wrote it. He says that nothing is 100 percent sure, not even a tubal ligation.

So, I was very interested in this topic and I did some researches among my friends and friends of my friends. One girl told me that this also happened to her when she was 32, and it happened to her almost 4 years after this procedure.  

But that is not the worst problem, the worst problem that you could have is an ectopic pregnancy which is a medical emergency. 

Darling, from my own, personal experience I can tell you that this is really, really possible. When I saw that my period is late, I did this test and it was positive. I was like - that can be because I had this procedure. So, I went to see my doctor and he told me that I am pregnant. Now, five months pregnant. And I had tubal ligation seven months ago. I was sad about this, I can't lie to you, but when my doctor told me that I am lucky because a lot of ladies have some issues after this procedure when they get pregnant again, I decided to give a birth to this baby. And one thing that I can really tell about this whole situation - it looks like it is not our decision after all, should or should we not have more kids.

My good friend would tell you that tubal ligation doesn't work for everyone, at least it did not work for her. 

Why?

Because she had her tubes tied in 2009 after she gave birth to her second kid. Well, another baby she had in 2011 and she did this procedure again. And guess what?

Now, she is pregnant again. And it is not an ectopic pregnancy, it is a normal pregnancy.

Apparently, this procedure is not 100 percent successful. Nothing is. 

So, if you find out that you are pregnant again, go to your doctor and see is your pregnancy normal or not...