I had a tubal ligation about two years ago now my periods are irregular me and my husband want a baby. so how do i know if im pregnant. could it be possible to be pregnant with a tubal ligation and have a false negative

Hi Layla,

If you had a tubal ligation it is unlikely you'll conceive naturally.  IVF would probably be your best option.  The only way for you to get pregnant with a tubal ligation is if it has failed.

In the title it says you have had a positive HPT?  It is very unlikely for a false positive to occur.  Run another test to confirm.  

Hope it helps.

I'm pretty sure u could be i am going through the same thing and usually when this has happened I was, just because you had a tubal doesn't mean you cant at all ever conceive again I have heard of lots of woman that have had a chil after getting them burned tied cut and so on so go with your instincts make an ultrasound apt to confirm there have also been woman who have had negative test both ruin and blood through there whole pregnancy's so I would ask for an ultrasound, and go from there cause only u know your body!!!!! Don't listen to those people that tell u it cant be possible!!!!!

i am wondering the same thing.i had two weeks brown discharge with no normal flow to follow,and then a faint positive ept.my belly is bloated and im experiencing similar pregnancy symptoms i had with my other three,difference is i have had a tubal clamp procedure back in 2009.i am very confused right now.....appointment with planned parenthood for friday morning