a couple months ago i noticed my left breast was swollen. i went to the doctor for a uti and had them check me out. they said it was nothing to worry about, and a week later it went back to normal. My left breast is swollen again and my nipples are very sore. I'm wondering what this is caused by or what it is a symptom of? Am i pregnant? Near period? Cancer? help!

Sounds like you need a second opinion. May I suggest that you make an appointment with a gynecologist for further testing. True women usually have one breast that is slightly larger than the other but not that would be considered swollen and with nipple pain. 

thank you for your reply. I just went to planned parenthood (not a great place i know) but i dont have insurance till august. The "doctor" wouldnt listen to me and blew off my concerns. And because cancer runs in my family i need to stay proactive till i find some answers. hopefully i can find a gyno that isnt too pricey near me. thanks again!

You're welcome. I've found that some doctors will give you a good discounted rate if you don't have insurance and are in need of being seen. When's the last time you had a mammogram? I believe you can get free screening. Try googling "free breast screening" and see what you can come up with in your area, that might be a good place to start and also to give you some peace of mind. Let me know how things go please.