I have itchy spots all over my scrotum. Also, larger lumps that have never changed a bit have also been present for years at the base of my penis. Now, small white spots have appeared up and down my penis.

What is this? And if it is Sebaceous Prominence, do the spots and such normally itch 24/7?

Thank yall so much. :-)

As far as I know, sebaceous prominence shouldn’t itch at all. By your description I would say these are sebaceous spots especially if they have been present for years. The smaller spots could even be foliculitis. Foliculitis are infected ingrown hairs but I am not sure they would appear on penis directly. I had them on testicles and they went on their own. They occurred after shaving. Since my girl loves shaved balls, I am still doing them and although I have learned how to shave, they still appear sometimes.

If you had unprotected sex, itchy red bumps could be a sign of herpes at first and then they would form in blisters and end up looking like crusts. I hope it’s not that!

A doc is your best solution especially if you had unprotected sex or sex with a stranger. A condom may not be sufficient in preventing herpes if the person had them somewhere in the pelvic region because they are skin to skin transmitted.

Also, skin fungus may itch like crazy, so if you have been sweating a lot lately, it is possible you have a fungus overgrowth.

Hey thanks Mark.

They have never burst or crusted...they simply remain unchanged despite the fact that more have appeared over the years. Most of bumps in fact have hairs pertruding out of them which makes me think that they are foliculitis or sebaceous prominence.

The only lingering worry though that it may in fact be a herpetic virus is that I have a few red bumps that occasionally appear in my buttox region...which do not crust by the way. They go down after a few days and are relatively painless. They very well may be herpetic bumps on the buttox, yet they occur SO frequently that I am doubtful that it could be. The bumps have appeared for years and appear to be like insect bites.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks so much for yall's time.

The bumps on your buttox may just be a heat rash?

I get the same thing in-between my legs after a day of work.

If the bumps are evident inside your butt cheeks you may have contracted herpes from an unprotected penis during anal sex.