About a week ago, under my scrotum started to itch and i thought it wasn't anything to worry about. But now i discovered that i had developed small pink spots under my scrotum and when i touch it, it kinda burns a bit. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Look, I would have that checked if I were you! Are you sexually active? Do you think there’s a possibility that you contracted an STD.
You see, I did some research on STD’s when I had some problems but none of those I know have itching and burning pink spots, so I reckon it must be some sort of a skin disorder. So, I reckon that a dermatologist would be the right doctor for you.

I am 29 years old and I have had spots on my scrotum for about two years. I had them looked at it was Fordyce spots. They are red and they appeared in a cluster but the thing is that they don’t itch. They are not an STD, just some skin thing and they can’t be transmitted. They bled once when I irritated them and I’ve been careful ever since.

Another thing that crosses my mind is ingrown, infected hairs. Have you ever shaved that area? They usually show up as little zits with/out white spots on top. I know that they each like crazy and if you scratch a bit too much, they can even start burning. I think that the hairs in this area may grow in without shaving, because you are sitting on this area, it is warm and moist and hair could easily grow in.

sorry to inform you this may be herpes
DON'T TOUCH the red spots ,, virus can be spread
quickly and painful
check it out with a doctor

if in fact it is
try a macrobiotic diet ,,, heard it represses this virus
god bless

I dont think this is a STD, seeing that im 15 and i have the same thing - no need to say more.

Yes, I have the same thing I'm 16 years old it is probably a skin (i don't want to say problem but you get the point) i did some research what i found out was a skin disorder called folliculitis or hot tub folliculitis, it is just caused from hair follicles being blocked or infected go see a dermatologist or you family doctor and get them checked out i still havent but yea him embarressed to go see anyone about things liek these

Grab an antibacterial soap. Whenever you come off an afternoon at the swim club or the swimming hole with a jumpy, bumpy butt, strip off that suit, leap in the shower and wash your backside with antibacterial soap, like Dial, says Dr. Shaw. That will eliminate the microorganisms that flourish on the damp playing fields of your swaddled buttocks and help dry out the rash.

Use antibacterial soap on the affected area every time you wash until the bumps disappear--about a day or two.

Scrub and rub. When you soap up with your antibacterial bar, use a washcloth, says Dr. Kallgren, and rub your bottom for about 15 to 30 seconds. That will exfoliate--remove--dead skin cells that accumulate and aggravate bikini bottom. (A damp bathing suit or bicycle shorts holds those cells tightly.) One exfoliation should be all you need.

Try a vinegar compress. "You might smell like a salad, but a good way of calming down bikini bottom, especially if it's weepy and infected, is to apply an acetic acid--vinegar-- compress," says Karen S. Harkaway, M.D., clinical instructor of dermatology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and a dermatologist at Pennsylvania Hospital, both in Philadelphia.

To make your compress, mix one part plain white vinegar to four parts lukewarm water in a one-quart bowl or basin. Dip a clean hand towel into the mixture, soak it, then wring it out. Lie on your belly on your bed, then apply the compress to your itchy bottom and let it soak into your skin for 20 minutes. One or two applications should help.

Reach for cortisone cream. Before you put your clothes back on, Dr. Harkaway suggests applying a film of over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream (such as Bactine or Cortaid) to your buttocks.

I have these little white spots which itch like crazy at times anybody have an idea????

hi im 15 years old and i have spots on the genital area sometimes when i scratch them it really hurts wat can i do to get rid of them please help

It sounds like herpes unfortunantley..get it checked out.

yes im 13 and i have the same thing it burns like crazy and ive been putting hydrocortisone cream on it and it burns when i do so then i tried zinc ointment and it seems to be going down but im not sure.

for you people saying its an STD, don't reply if you don't know what you are talking about. and topic creator, next time give info if you ARE or ARE NOT sexually active.

I have the same thing and i am NOT sexually active. These red spots are also on my inner thighs and buttocks. They itch every dang morning and I used this cream that soothed the itch, but once i stopped with the cream, it came back. HELLLLLLP!

once again. THIS IS NOT AN STD, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF PEOPLE!

OOOOH MY GOD!! what a load of rubbish! I have just got back form the doctor after reading all these post's before hand and i was VERY worried to read I might have Herpes or and STD!!

I can thankfully tell everyone reading this that its NOT and sort of STD. All it was was an in growing hair or possible where I had caught my skin and it had come up in a spot. It itches like hell but its nothing i have contracted.

So if your sexually active or not then please DONT worry. Its always best to have these things checked up, and personally I'm very safe sex aware as I work in sexual health. But for the sake of a quick 2 minute look from a doctor its worth it.

I hope this has been of some help to you all, and realize these forums tend to be so full of false information that you can loose sleep at night thinking about what you have!

Take care!

Jamie - Nottingham - UK.

i have it too, doctor said its from the hot tub, on cipro but rash is still getting worse

I will be honest. I have herpes and have had it for 15 years. My very first sexual relationship was nice enough to give it to me when I was 19! :-S Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I started getting this itchy/scratchy burning sensation on the outside of my vagina. It felt similar to a herpes sore when it first came on but I've never had a sore on the outside/hair area so I felt concerned. As it progressed it was extremely itchy and much more sore and sensitive than any herpes sore I have ever had. I watched it progress and became extremely concerned. It was looked like a cluster of small red bumps. It then crusted over with a white look to it and still itched and was very tender. I knew this was not a herpes sore. Went to the Gyno and it is this crazy HOT TUB rash. I had been in one at a hotel just the week before. Dr. also warned me about my scrubby loofah sponge. Throw it away he warned! They can also carry the bacteria that causes this. So if you continue to use the same loofah you'll get it over and over. He says best to go back to wash cloths that you launder after each and every use! So there you have it!! You poor young kids don't listen to these folks about it being herpes! Although you are best to always seek the advice of your Dr. when you have concerns! Best of luck and throw out those loofas! :-D

I've had stuff like this before. Pink scaly/flaky spot under the scrotum. Seems like its just a mild case of jock itch. I work out daily, and do a lot of cardio. Thus, I sweat a lot. Try some hydrocortisone cream for a while and gold bond powder. See if those help. Also, when you're sweaty, or have whats called "swamp @$$" (butt/lower back sweat running down into your shorts and nestling in the warmer crevices) just change your underwear/boxers. Dont worry too much, its actually a pretty common thing. Try those out and let me know how it goes.