hello everyone

ive been working out for about 2 months now and i havent dropped a pound!!!! im 5'5 and i weigh 160 pounds. i watch what i eat by counting calories (1500 to 1800 intake per day) and i do indoor cycyling 3 to 4 times a week. i burn at least 500 calories per day from doing indoor cycling and for some reason i cant seem to lose weight. any suggestions in what im doing wrong?

Have you been controlling the portions of your meals? If we exercise but still neglect to watch what we eat and how much, we won't lose as much weight as we want.

This is totally true. I think that it's important to realize thw whatever you're eating you can actually be doing yourself more harm than good. I like the model of just looking at the number of calories that you take in versus how much you burn to figure how much you need to burn to lose weight. A pound of fat is 3500 calories so you need to burn that many calories per week to lose a pound a week! I know it's pretty frustrating at times but it is a pretty normal system. It looks like you posted this thread awhile back--how is your weight loss coming along?