Hi ,

I am 27 years old and weigh 140lbs. I am trying to loose weight since February 09 with no results.

I drink meal replacement twice a day , a samll sandwich , a fruit and have a sensible low calorie dinner everyday. I take in between 1100 - 1200 calories every day.i drink lots of water.

i work in a subway so i am on my feet for 8 hours + i walk to and from work which is aproximatly 30 mins and i also do 30 min exercise at home.

I am not sure where am i going wrong. i dont see i am losing any weight.

can someone please help. i will appreciate.

It could be a few things.

First off, to lose weight the healthy way, you actually need to eat. You should be eating 5-6 small meals a day. Eat your heavy carbs, like oatmeal, earlier in the day for breakfast and try to keep the rest of the meals light. Ideally, you should be heavy a protien and carb heavy breakfast. Have a protien shake or meal replacement for a snack between breakfast and lunch, eat a lunch high in protein, like chicken, with a salad and almonds. Then half another snake between meals, apples with peanut butter is my favorite. Then have a healthy dinner with protein, chicken, fish, anything along those lines. Be sure to include red meat at least once a week. Then have a small snack before bed, something light like berries with some whipcream.

Secondly, you need to set out to excersie. Working on your feet and walking will certainly help, but weight training will make the biggest change. Join a gym and start training to build your lean muscles. An hour of cardio 3 times a week will help melt of any unwanted fat, while the weight training will help tone up your body, helping you drop inches.

Be sure to get enough sleep each night, and drink lots of water.

You need exercise. You need to make yourself a plan for exercises. Walk is not going to help you lose weight. Like cnorwich said you need to eat. But also you need to watch what you eat. The gym is the best idea. You can have a trainer there, and you both can make a plan together that will suite you the best. Try to exercise at least 3-4 day a week. And you will see that you will be all better.

Walking is modest exercise but it doesn't usually generate enough energy to help you lose weight. I think that if you really want to lose weight then you might want to incorporate some high intensity cardio or weight lifting. Also--don't use your weight as a gauge for how your progress is going. At some point, you will be putting on muscle and losing fat, and muscle weighs more than fat. It is possible to lose fat but still weigh as much as you ever did. Just go off how you look and feel! Good luck to you.

1.De-automate your housework and make your body work harder. Wash dishes, mix batters and open cans by hand, and hang your wash on the line instead of using a dryer.
2. Use whipped or softened butter or margarine. You'll spread the flavor around using a lot less than if it were hard and you had to scrape it on.
3. Learn that it's okay to say an assertive "No, thank you" when other people offer you food.
4. Hold a conference and explain your weight-loss wish to family, friends or doughnut-bearing co-workers. Ask them to understand if you turn down their dinners or candy.
5. Go out dancing, miniature golfing, bowling - anything active - if you normally sit around and play bridge or watch television. The most calories you can burn in an hour playing cards is 95, but waltzing can whisk away 195 to 305 for every hour on the floor, and an hour of square dancing can stomp away 330 to 510 calories.
6. Drink no-calorie sparkling waters when you're out, instead of alcoholic beverages.