Hi. I'm 36 year old female and I was hopping that someone could help me. For years I have suffered from severe herpes infections located on my mouth.
I tried everything but nothing could help me because someone told me that I got virus and it is staying in me to the rest of my life.
Recently I have noticed that I developed something very similar to my “normal” herpes but it isn’t quite same.
Just around my lips I have spotted raised blotches or nodules that are sometimes purple and sometimes brown.
I talked about this with my friend who is medical student and he told me that this could be very serious and that I should contact my doctor. He mentioned some disease called Kaposi’s sarcoma.

I will tell you some things that I know about this but I must warn you that it is some serious stuff.
First I want to tell you what sarcoma is. A sarcoma is a cancer that develops in connective tissues such as cartilage, bone, fat, muscle or blood vessels.
Kaposi's sarcoma is a cancer-like disease and it usually shows up in the skin, or in the linings of the mouth, nose, or eye.
Kaposi’s sarcoma located on the skin is not life threatening but if spreads to other parts of the body, it can cause serious problems.
The most common cause of KS now is HIV infection so you might wonna check this with your infectologist.
Skin lesions can be treated with liquid nitrogen, radiation or even cut out surgically.