Hello, everyone. My son (18 years) has big problem with acne on his back. Nodules and interconnected abscesses have completely put out of shape skins surface and now it’s all inflamed. The doctor diagnosed acne conglobata and it’s one of the most serious forms of acne. Did anybody have the same experience?

I also have the same problem. I got these acne conglobata (severe nodular acne) in puberty and I am still fighting them. By me, comedone acne form a group of 2 or 3 and when small cysts discharge the scars are left and skins appearance is permanently altered. The disfiguring scaring may damage the skin irrevocably.
I tried isotretinoin and antiseptic lotions, but without much success. The disease affects mostly males from 18 to 30 years and the cause is unknown. It can last for many years. In summertime when I’m more exposed to the sun light the problem diminishes. Some bath scrubs help a bit, but the acne and nodules cover the back all over again. If you find some effective cure, please let me know.