Hello, Im 27 year old male and just recently my mother have been diagnosed with some terrible skin disease called psoriasis.
Doctor told me that there are several types of psoriasis and that she I suffering from one very serious type. He has also told me that I have genetic predisposition to develop this or some similar disease because some cells in my skin called keratinocytes are to sensitive on outer influences.
I don’t anything about this! So, if anybody out there knows more about these keratinocytes, please tell me everything!
Thanks!

I know some things about keratinocytes and I will gladly share my knowledge with you.
You probably know that human skin is made of several layers and that every one of them has specific function.
Layer with keratinocytes is the superficial and most important. So, in fact, keratinocytes are the largest population of epidermal cells in the skin. These cells are named by one protein called keratin and it is very important because it provides a physical barrier in the most superficial dead cells of the stratum corneum- superficial layer.
They prevent the entry of toxic substances from the environment and the loss of important constituents from human body.
There are several disorders connected with keratinocytes and most severe are psoriasis and keratoses.