Hi. I'm one enthusiast who would like to find out more about some things. I have read some interesting facts about human skin.
Just the other day I have read somewhere that human skin is its biggest organ. Beside this, it is also a heaviest one.
I have read also some stuff about the fact that it is made from three or four layers and that outer layer called epidermis has many functions.
So, if anyone knows more about this, feel free to inform me.

I know some things about this because I am on forth year of medical faculty. First thing I would like to say to you is that you were wrong about number of skin layers. There are two main layers of cells that make up the skin and the outer is called epidermis which is mostly made up of flat cells called squamous cells. There are two types of many important cells which are building epidermis. First are called melanocytes. These cells produce melanin, which gives the skin its color and protect genetic material from sun. The second ones are called Langerhan's cell is the frontline defense of the immune system in the skin.