Hi, I'm 17 years old female and ever since the start of my puberty I have had serious problems with pimples. My skin is very sensitive and pimples caused horrible scars on it, especially on my face. Now as the puberty is over I have been thinking about the best way to get rid of these pimple scars. One of my friends went to the plastic surgeon and he removed most of her scars with a procedure called microdermasion. What kind of a treatment is that is it complicated and are there any dangers from it?

Microdermasion, or microdermabrasion is a procedure used to abrade or peal off the superficial layer of the skin called stratum corneum without damaging other deeper layers of the skin. It is used in therapy of various defects of the facial skin surface like aging, sun exposure damage and mild pimple scaring. The procedure includes abrading the skin’s surface with small crystals of different composition by vacuuming them over the skin. The surgeon or the technician operating the skin abrasion machine sprays your face with small crystals which slowly abrade your skin, and remove any dead or irregular parts of it, like pimple scars or any kind of irregularities off the skin. At the same time the crystals and the skin residue is being vacuumed off your face to keep it clean. This procedure is very effective and painless and most of all totally safe because it doesn’t include damaging any of the live tissue, it doesn’t damage the deeper layers of the skin, all that it removes is the dead stratum corneum. I think that this is the right treatment for you, although you shouldn’t expect too much from it since it can remove only mild pimple scars, but it’s still worth the try.