Hello. I have some questions and they are concerning my husband health. We are living near the beach and we are exposed to sun constantly. My husband loves sun and laying in the beach all they long. I'm telling him for years now that today’s sun isn’t healthy like it used to be and that he should avoid direct exposure as much as he can- but he just won’t listen.
Every year he suffers from serious sunbursts and this year injuries were a bit different. They were like small craters now but they started as small pimple-like bumps on the skin.
Doctor took skin biopsy because he is suspecting on some skin disease called keratoacanthoma. What kind of disorder this really is?

Well, I'm very sorry to say but disorder you have mentions is in fact a skin tumor and they are more common in people who have a history of sun exposure.
A keratoacanthoma occurs when cells in a hair follicle grow abnormally and it is believed that sun exposure is trigger of this process.
Like you have already described, keratoacanthomas begin as small pimple-like bumps on the skin. The center of the growth is crater-like and solid. This center is filled with keratinocytes-cells of normal skin.
If doctor determine that this is in fact case of keratoacanthoma then it should be treated by removing the growth. This can be done through a procedure is frozen with liquid nitrogen, causing it to eventually dry up and form a scab.