Hey there,

Usually after I take a shower I end up with some very dry skin on my face. Now this usually goes away by just putting some lotion on it or washing my face again, but it's getting pretty anoying to do everytime I take a shower.

I already tried cutting down on my shower time as I used to spend a lot of time in it, but that did not help either. I changed any shampoos etc. I used before and also did not help.

The areas the dry skin appears is just on my cheek and between my eyebrows.

Does anyone else have this as well and know any permanent solutions?

Well, no matter what we are always dry, our skin is always flaky.
Just after showers put some lotion on, its always better.
When taking a shower or bath the water in the bath and from ur skin try to even out, thats why our fingers and toes get wrinkley, like after swimming for a long time.
All you need is good lotion for after shower, make sure its okay to put on ur face. ;-)

Alright, seems that lotions are the only way then. I'll get something good then and just use that daily.

Thanks :)

Yeah, I am the same :-(
NO matter what I do, it ends up dry and only regular cream-ing to moisturize the skin clears the problem (as long as I am regularly applying it :-) )

I am not sure if it could be helped by proper nutrition but I think it should be.

Lately I have been using NIVEA's body cream with Q10 and it gave me amazing results. It is advertised for having good effects on firming the skin but it's given me amazing, literally SILKY skin, and I am applying it every 2-3 days, not even every day. Amazing stuff.

If you shower/ bathe in a lower temperature, it often helps. (Luke warm comared to hot)

and you should use mild shampoo's.

I have this exact same problem, I've tried numerous different shower gels and moisturiser combinations, including a coal tar soap. I find the best is a shower gel that's got 0% alcohol and other such additives. Sometimes, even with this, after moisturising I find within 10 minutes that my skin dries out again.

The best thing I have found is to bathe, rather than shower. I can go without moisturising at all if I take a bath, but I definitely get very dry and flaky if I shower.

Hopefully this helps.

Check my profile for a home remedy for dry skin.

Hi My friend,

The problem is not how to clean your body, the point is what to do after that. Most of the itching is caused by dry skin.

What causes Dry Skin?

Healthy skin can be pictured as a multi-layer cake covered by a single sheet of clear plastic food wrap to keep it fresh. The plastic food wrap prevents the frosting and underlying layers of the cake from drying out by preventing loss of the water from the cake into the air. It is the moisture in the cake that gives it its freshness. The outermost layer of the skin, which acts like the plastic food wrap and is about the same thickness, is called the stratum corneum. This is the layer that peels off after a sunburn. The stratum corneum consists of dead skin cells embedded in a mixture of the natural oils made by the oil glands and the sweats made by the sweat glands. The mixture of the natural skin oils and sweats keeps the water inside our body from escaping into the air and also keep irritating substances and germs from entering the body. Both the skin oils and the dead skin cells hold a certain amount of water in the stratum corneum and it is this stratum corneum water that helps keep the skin soft, pliable and smooth. Dry skin results when there is not enough water in the stratum corneum for it to function properly.

Itchy skin is mostly caused by dry skin, if you want to stop itching, you will have to keep your skin well hydrated and moist. It is natural to think that applying water alone to dry skin would help control the problem. However, water alone can actually worsen the problem of dry skin by removing the normal, protective skin oils.

And most of the moisturizers do not work at all, only leave you a greasy feel.Below you will find the best home made moisturizer in the world:

No, lotion is not the only way to solve your dilemma. Try putting vitamin E oil on your face overnight and then washing it with just water and a rag in the mornings. do this maybe twice a week. it should work way better than lotion, as other takes more time for oil to evaporate from the skin than some waterbased lotions.

Dude, FORGEG ABOUT WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE HAS TOLD YOU! Just take a scrubs and exfoliate wellTruants me, it'll go. I had the same problem, and I used a scrub once, and my peeling skin Never came back. Just don't scrub too hard, cause facial skin is delicate.

i have this problem but it is not constant with me..... i think u should use any mild soap like pears.... or dove & u should suddenly applg a good moisturiser after shower hope this may help you...... & if you know any other solutions pl reply.....as i am also experimental with this..

I have the same problem. I have to take a shower with almost hot water and when I get out all my face is dry. I have to exfoliate sometimes and then put Ponds cream on. The Ponds cream works better than lotion. Lotion wasn't enough for me. ( the blue ponds). If you have any better answers by now, let me know.

Hi there, I have a similar problem, after any part if me come in contact with water my skin feels dry and cant touch certain materials for a few hours, I've tried lotions and creams but they leave my skin feeling greasy

I tend to get it around my nails on my fingers and it really annoys me but as soon as I'm dry it starts to go away