Hi. I am 21 years old and I have removed my kidney stones most recently. Doctor told me I am more likely to develop more stones now. I have to drink plenty of water every day to prevent them from forming. How common are kidney stones in the 20s?

When you are in the 20s, kidney stones are not really common. They occur more often in men in their 40s. Women usually develop stones in their 50s. White Americans are more likely to develop kidney stones than African Americans. Kidney stones are not the part of a modern life. Scientists have found kidney stones in 7.000 year old mummy. However, the number of patients has been increasing, for unknown reasons. I have a kidney stone and it`s quite painful. I was recommended with ESWL.

Well,

Kidney stones are not very common in your age but as you can see it happens.

Since you have gone through the whole procedure of removing the stones from your organism you are aware of all the facts you need to know. I would suggest that you follow the instructions provided by your doctor and drink as many water as you can. You can add lemonade on this list. My mother (who also has problems with kidney stones) is using red and green tea and she claims it is helpful as well especially during the winter when drinking a water is so hard for her.

I hope that you will not be having additional problems with kidney stones in your life.