Hello. My baby daughter has a problem. She has swollen genital area. I am not sure whether this hurts her or not- she doesn’t cry more than usual. I am not sure what this is and what should I do.

Hello there,
How long has this been going on? You should get this checked by doctor. If this swelling continues for few days, you baby may have developed an inguinal hernia. In this case, a loop of her intestine pokes down into the labia. One more thing is possible, although this is very although this is very rare, one of her ovaries may have migrated into labia and needs to repositioned. Also, swollen genitals may be a result of a swollen lymph node. In any case, you should get it checked out by a doctor.

Ruch,

I'm sorry but your post is absurd. I just needed to say something so other unsuspecting parents don't think that an ovary migrated to the fascia of the labia. Likely a reaction to something - should get looked at, but not something as serious as that.

Jeff

Actually it is not that absurd. I am a parent of a son that had to have hernia surgery when he was one yr old. It was a developmental hernia. In my son's case a part of his intestines pushed through where his testicles dropped and he ended up looking like he had three testicles. Hmmmm.....one, two......three? Time to call the doctor.

Actually this isn't absurd. My daughter had to have surgery because her ovary fall into her labia. The doctor said this is very very rare. There is a small canal there so that is how this happens.