My mother was bit by brown recluse spider year ago. Had surgery and got MRSA after her surgery. She started off with couple white pimples that turned red. Now her leg has started to swell, very red and warm to the touch. Went to that doctor they gave her a water pill saying that she was retaining water. I question that as she is still have the problem about two weeks. Could this be MRSA again or the spider bit. Thank you, Her caring daughter Robin

Hi Robin: I want you to have your mom get an ultrasound of her leg ASAP!!! I think this is a clot!! And you need that checked right away, because if it is, she will need to have Warfrin injections to lessen the changes of the blood clot travelling. IF your doctor doesn't want to send her for an ultrasound, take her to a walk in clinic and have them send her. This IS very important, to do quickly. Don't want to scare you, hopefully it is just swollen legs of water retention, but because it is war and red, that is NOT good. Jeep me updated and good luck and health!

I don't think that it is related to the MRSA or to the brown recluse bite but I do think that your mom should be taken care of as quickly as possible. If the doctor you have gone to is not helpful then seek out a second opinion as quickly as possible because I think that this could get worse. Please keep us posted on what happens.

my boyfriend in hospital for a swollen right upper leg of the thigh..it is hot to touch..i hope he be ok.we haven't heard anything yet..