I am severely obese and only 24 years old. Severely means 150 pounds overweight. I tried many things: diets, exercising, but most of it didn’t help and after a while I gained weight back. My parents are also obese, so I guess this runs in my family. I would like to have some more information on Lap-Band. Am I qualified for such operation? What is the procedure like? And what are possible side- effects? What are the costs of operation?
Thanks for replies!

I think you are qualified for Lap-Band, but this is up to a doctor to decide. I just know that considering age, some doctors operate on teenagers, so considering that, the age is not a problem. Also, Lap-Band, is for severely obese people, those who are 100 pounds overweight, so you qualify.
The lap-band is an inflatable banding system that is placed around the upper stomach to limit food intake. During the procedure you are under anaesthesia. It is very possible that Lap-Band causes some side effects, such as vomiting and nausea. Besides that 25 % people had the Lap-Band removed because of complications (infection, band slippage) and side- effects. This is not an easy operation and you must really consider other possible solutions. On the other side, obesity is also a problem and it can cause health threatening effects. Talk to your doctor about that.