A procedure called gastric banding came to my attention a while back. I am very obese and starting to think that gastric banding could perhaps be a solution for me as well. I like the fact that it leaves the body intact, and just adds to it. I need to know more about the side effects of gastric banding. Can someone help me with any pointers?

Don't think that gastric banding is a simple procedure with no risks, simply because no tissue is cut. There are many potential complications with gastric banding. My personal number one worst nightmare with gastric banding would be the possibility that the gastric band is slowly absorbed by stomach tissue, and makes its way into the stomach. This in turn can result in gastric leaks and internal bleeding, which can be very serious indeed. And this is just one of the possible complications with gastric banding.