Hi. I’m 24 years old and I’m going to take bunion surgery in few weeks. I’ve arranged everything with my doc. He explained me the whole procedure, I’ve found quite a lot info on post surgical period and how much time I will need to completely recover… But, the only thing that worries me is that the scar will be ugly… You see, I’m planning to go to seaside this summer and I’m scared that people around me, especially guys, will see it and make fun of me… Does anybody here has any photos of bunion surgery and scars??? Thanks.

I personally don’t have any but you can see some at and http://health.allrefer.com/health/bunion-removal-bunion-removal-series.html
I don’t think that you’ll have large or ugly scar… After all, bunion surgery procedure is actually considered as cosmetic plastic surgery and I’m sure your doc knows what he’s doing. Take care and good luck!!!

Hi I am 17 years old I just underwent bunion surgery 4 weeks ago and I have been basically pain free. My doctor is from Columbus, Georgia and his name is Dr. Thomas Jacobs. He is awesome. I have never enjoyed going to a doctor until I started going to him. My surgery was a breeze. It helps if you have a caring, respectful, and nice doctor to take care of you through the entire process. I recommend that everyone that has problems with their feet go to him because he is the best hands down. Even if you have to travel from out of town to get here it will be well worth it because he will do you right and treat you respectfully and you wont regret making the long trip.

17 year old female

I Got Rid of my bunions in about 3 weeks using an Acunpuncher... It Took about 3 weeks to 'Beat' those Guys into submission but Now I am Completely Healed... 100% Naturally... I've Read Horror Stories about People Who tried to alleviate the problem using surgery! ***************
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7199/bunionop2.th.jpg

edited by moderator**emails not allowed

Can anyone help?

I'm due to have bunion surgery in 4 months and just wondering how yours went? Did you get scars? Do your feet look relatively normal? How long were you immobile for? Did you have it done on both your feet?

Cheers,

Sophie

Hi, I just had my right bunion removed, along with a tailor's bunion on same foot, and second "hammer" toe fixed. I also had second toe fixed on the left foot, (no bunion there) It has been 4 weeks, and it was not pleasant. I reacted badly to the pain medication, so I did without it, and just stuck to Aleve. I am in flat Uggs now, and I've been in them for a week, they are 2 sizes too big to accomodate the swelling in my right foot. I had this done in January, hoping that by the time everyone is out in flip flops and sandals, my scars will not be as noticable. I am still in pain, but it is bearable. Make sure you have someone who can wait on you at home for the first week or so, even if they just stop in to check on you, you don't want to over do it. Take Care!

All you people worrying about what the scar looks like are absolutely rediculous. You're talking about your foot and a very important joint of your body. You should be worried about the healing of much more than a scar. Bunionectomies should never be done for cosmetic reasons because of the possible complications. Any good surgeon will tell you that.
And I am wondering if the 17 yr old who spoke of her surgery at 4 wks is still hopefully doing as well?
Best of luck to you all.

hi my 10 year old had a bunion op in december and it looks good her foot is pratically straight and has a scar that willfade in time she has justher other foot done and still in plaster lets hope this is as good as the other 1

I am five days out of surgery on my right foot for bunion and hammertoe -- pain is bearable but the lack of mobility is horrible. I will be in this big black shoe for two more weeks, at least. I was just wondering how long it took before you could put weight on the front of your foot. ARe you able to move as pre-surgery, or are you limping around? I am suppose to have the left foot done in a few weeks -- but Idon't think so -- the recovery has been harder than I thought it would be. I'm not so concerned about the cosmetics here, or still being in an athletic shoe this summer, but I am used to being very active. I will probably gain ten pounds from all this sitting (and neighbors keep bringing hard to resist comfort food!).

this is for the person with the acunpuncher how does that work and it got rid of the bunion totaly. sound good please leave a message on the message board i would appreciate it thank you

Hi, I am having bunion surgery done next Thursday, so a little under a week away. Iam unsure of the recovery time if anyone can help me out. Do you normally wear a cast or a boot and does it require crutches? How long will I be immobile for the 1 foot surgery? I will have my other foot done next!!! Thanks if you can help!!

I had bunion surgery on both my feet at the same time just a little over a year ago. The surgery went great, I was immobile for about 3 days and slowly got back on my feet fully after about 3 weeks. I was off work for 8 weeks. My feet look very normal now with minimal scars. Both my feet were severly affected by the bunions and major surgery was performed.

I had carpral tunnel surgery on both my hands at the same time and it was MUCH harder to do with out my hands then my feet and recovery of my feet was a lot faster.

Do not be afraid.

I will be thinking about you!

Bernice Haines

Hi i'm a 27 year old girl from New Jersey who is looking for a great foot doctor. I have very bad bunions that hurt & would like to have surgery done but i'm nervous about picking a random doctor. So if anyone can recommended an excellent foot doctor in New Jersey it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

i am 13 years old & have bunions on both my feet and a hammer toe on one of them. x
i went to my doctor and he told me tht i would have to wait until iam older to get the operation x
is it sore and how long is it until i can walk on iht x?
:cry:

When I was 17 I had hammer toe correction, bunion removal, and gastroc lengthening done on both feet/ legs. My doctor had me do one at a time due to the pain factor. I am not here to dissuade anyone from having surgery... but you SHOULD NOT have this surgery for cosmetic reasons. I had a few complications and went under the knife with a top surgeon and a team of residents. My surgeon was EXCELLENT and checked with me numerous times over to make certain that I was not only doing this for cosmetic purposes. My problem was that I am a 6'1 female basketball player and i was suffering from horrible foot pains and chronic ankle spraining. Now, 7 years later, I am doing REALLY well. I have undergone knee surgery, hip surgery, ENT surgery, concussions, and broken bones... NO pain has compared to this surgery. I spent one month for each leg in a plaster cast and at 6 weeks had the pins from my feet removed. Then it was a total of 6 months physical therapy. My scars for the bunion removal are hardly noticeablel however, the gastroc lengthening and hammer toe corrective scars are fairly noticeable. I also have lost all sensation beginning about 3 inches above my ankle and extending down the outisde of my foot. OVERALL, the surgery for me was worth it. Feet are ugly. It distresses me to see so many girls wearing stilettos and pointy-toed shoes for these women will all be requiring surgery just to walk in their 40s. I wish anyone who chooses to go forward with the surgery all the best. I just hope and pray that my hard work has paid off and I will not have to go under the knife again. God bless.