My sister has done Pap-tast and the result is that she has a high grade dysplasia. I want to know if she is in risk of getting a cervical cancer and how dangerous is it?

Having a high grade dysplasia means that she’s in pre-cancerous condition, so in some way she’s in danger of getting a cervical cancer but don’t panic because severe cervical dysplasia is not a cancer. It is good she got diagnosed so her actual condition may be treated on time in which manner the chances for her to recover are big. I don’t know which treatment she’s been recommended to take, but I’d advised her to try with leep procedure. It’s a treatment newer than laser therapy that is made for treating the abnormal areas removing affected tissue by using an energized loop that is able to treat cervical canal also for this is an area where the invasive cancer cells may occur. You shouldn’t be worry for if high grade dysplasia treated on time it should reduce the chances of having it back after treatment.

She needs to continue to see the doctor and have treatment BEFORE it gets worse.

Women still die from cervical cancer, and since she doesn't have cancer yet, she can recover well.

Please encourage her to continue to see her doctor.

hi, sorry to hear that. My humble advise is that she goes in for a complete hysterectomy, if she is done with having babies.l have similar case now and l am scheduled for a hysterectomy in a couple of weeks. Good luck.

I was told I had high grade dysplasia. With micro invasion. I was told that this was cancer but it is localized in a general area and you are still able to cut it out with the leep procedure which I had done, but with these new results I have to have the cone biopsy and I have to see a cancer specialist. I'm also told to have a hysterectomy because it will turn into invasive cancer which is where is moves beyond the cervic into the uterus. However some doctors don't call it cancer but it is what creates invasive cancer. It important to understand that is is VERY serious if not treated correctly. I'm only 25 years old just had my second baby so this was not good news for me but it is totally treatable. This is some information I found and thought it would be useful.
High Grade Dysplasia is also called Carcinoma in situ (CIS) it is an early form of carcinoma defined by the absence of invasion of surrounding tissues. In other words, the neoplastic cells proliferate in their normal habitat, hence the name 'in situ' (Latin for 'in its place'). For example, carcinoma in situ of the skin, also called Bowen's disease is the accumulation of neoplastic epidermal cells within the epidermis only.

For this reason, CIS will usually not form a tumor. Rather, the lesion is flat (in the skin, cervix, etc) or follows the existing architecture of the organ (in the breast, lung, etc). Some CIS, however, form tumors, for example colon polyps or papillary cancer of the bladder as well as some CIS of the breast (more properly called Ductal Carcinoma in situ)

Many forms of invasive carcinoma (the most common form of cancer) originate from a CIS lesion. Therefore, CIS is considered a precursor or incipient form of cancer that may, if left untreated long enough, transform into a malignant neoplasm.

When explaining a laboratory report to a patient, most doctors will refer to CIS as pre-cancer, not cancer. However, because most forms of CIS have a real potential to turn into invasive carcinoma, doctors will usually recommend that the lesion be completely removed. Therefore, CIS is usually treated much the same way as a malignant tumor.
I hope this was useful.

Hello I have the same thing. How is she feeling now?

This is just what I wonted to read, as I now what i may have to go through.
Thank you very much.

I recently had a LEEP procedure, and went in for results and was told the pathologyst sent it out for a second opinion.I am now waiting for results of that . Has anyone had that happen to them? I am a bit scared right now. Any answer would be helpful.