I think I might have cervical cancer. I visited a doc for I had some vaginal bleedings that are not normal and have specific odor. So I done my Pap-test and it showed I have severe cervical dysplasia and am scheduled for leep tomorrow. I can’t help not to think of it as a cervical cancer and what are the chances that I might have it? Thanks.

Hi there! Here I’m with the exact same diagnose that was severe cervical dysplasia and I also had leep and also was afraid that I might have it thinking of cervical cancer. But it’s not like that, what you have now are some abnormal changes on the surface of your cervix and you’re scheduled for leep to get removed that abnormal tissue for treating these abnormal cells means you treat precancerous stage you’re at right now, but it’s still not a cancer. With this leep procedure you actually have chance to reduce the risk that these abnormal cells become invasive cancer one day. So I had leep and got recovered pretty fast in about two days and it’s been almost two years now that my pap-tests show negative results. Just go for that leep and have your Pap-test done regularly.