Hello! I’m concerned over a few things regarding leep. To be more precise I was found to have severe cervical dysplasia and I’m really concerned what this could mean. Could it be a cervical cancer and this leep thing what is it?

Hi there? You’ve said you are concerned over a few things regarding leep. Trust me no big deal I had leep once for the same reason you’ve mentioned. And I was just like you very concerned over how much this could be serious. But it turned out not to be that much severe problem. But it doesn’t mean that you should avoid leep. Leep is actually going to help you to treat this precancerous condition you have in a form of severe cervical dysplasia. so having cervical dysplasia doesn’t mean you have cancer it’s only that you have some abnormal changes on the surface of your cervix and the leep procedure is to treat this abnormal changes by removing the abnormal tissue in which manner reduces the risk of getting cervical cancer later. You’ll have to have your Pap-test regular after leep just to check out your medical condition. After I done leep almost 7 years ago I had no problem with abnormal cells and I was told by my doc that I owe it to a leep and to a fact that I reacted on time. I had my Pap-test regularly which helped me to find out the abnormal cells on time so you shouldn’t’ be concerned that much over this things for you still have a chance to reduce risk of getting cancer one day by having leep now.