Hi, my father is 66 years old and he suffered stroke last week. Symptoms which he experienced were pretty unusual from symptoms which someone usually expects when think about stroke. His was unstable o his legs, and he couldn’t move his eyes regularly. Doctor which examined him told me that he has hematoma on the left pons. I would like to know something more about it.

Hi, stroke in the level of the pons is not as common as pons is smaller part of brain. Usually stroke affects left or right hemisphere which are much bigger and as consequence we may see inability of moving one side of the body or part of the face. Pons is part of the brain which is situated beyond spinal cord and there are motor ways same as centers for eye movements. Treatment for this disorder is the same as usual stroke and it is based on stoping of bleeding and swelling. After that physical therapy has to be applied to eliminate bad effects which stroke may cause.