I had a scate accident a month ago and hurt my left breast. The bruise appeared and later it started aching. The ultrasound revealed either the start of an infection or the hematoma is calcifying. What is calcified hematoma about?

Hi, I had hematoma from an injury last year and my doctor said that it takes time for hematoma to calcify and up to three months to resolve. To improve healing drainage can be useful sometimes. At first, it’s important to determine what are you dealing with. A mammogram could be useful for this purpose. Even if you believe that lump is due to injury, it may also have other origin and should be fully investigated. If your GP has doubts about diagnoses, you should consult a surgeon as well, to reconsider your treating options. A surgical intervention may be required if hematoma damages and rupture in surrounding tissue.