Hi, my uncle is 54 years old and he is suffering from neurogenic bladder. First symptoms appeared several months ago but he didn't pay enough attention to it until he was unable to stop leaking of urine. He decided to visit his doctor who told him that he had to stay in hospital and make detail examination to find cause for this disorder. I would like to know what may cause such disorder and what is the incidence for it?

Hi, neurogenic bladder is pretty often disorder which follows several other diseases. Brain stroke may cause neurogenic bladder if it damage certain brain centers, also diabetes may cause this disorder because of its bad effect on peripheral nerves which innervate bladder. One more reason that may cause nerogenic bladder is infection of urinary tract which may affect urinary sphincter.