I am in bed for two months. I have L5/S1 herniation. Doctor suggested me a surgery, but I heard some things and I am scared. I have severe pain. I am 32 years old and I can’t believe that I have this kind of problem. What do you think about surgery?

Hi! I had discectomy. I am 25years old. I am younger than you but I had same problem as you. I am much better after surgery. You must be aware that it may or may not work. I had severe pain and after three months I decided to have disectomy. It wasn't easy decision, but now I can walk without pain. It would only be reasonable to try this if there is a large fragment, and not just a disc bulge. You must be careful after surgery. You shouldn't lift anything heavy, you must have right bed. Your doctor will explain you everything.

Hiya im 32 years old i have equda equina syndrome which i got when i went to a private clinic for siatica in my left bum cheek the unfortunate thing was i needed emergency surgery on my spine L4 L5 two half years ago through malpractice...i was left with slight paralysis on left foot and had to cataheterize myself and self pr i had even learned to walk again but i had problems again but my husband and i had been tryin for a baby but i ended with further surgery to my spine august 08 L5 S1 full discectomy i feel great im walking but feel slight bone crunchin. I was wonderin is it safe enough for me to try and go ahead with a pregnancy as i would like to give my husband a child of his own.. What are the risks please?? you can email me _[removed]_