Where can I find out what the life expectancy is for people who have been affected by heart disease in the past? Are there any other factors that are relevant in determining the life expectancy of people with heart disease, like gender and ethnicity? If you have more information, I would be grateful if you could post it.

Of course, the life expectancy of people who suffer from heart disease depends very much on the type of heart disease they have, on whether there are any cures or treatments for their condition, and on the severity of their condition. There is much that people with heart diseases can do to stay healthier for longer, such as eating healthy and exercising regularly.

My husband had suffered from an infarct a few years back, and is on medication today, but is also very active and does a lot to look after himself. Perhaps this sounds weird, but I truly believe that my husband actually increased his life expectancy after the infarct. He is a changed person in so many ways, and much more free of stress.