I woke up this morning with an intense cramp in my lower left abdominal area. Over the next hour the cramp came and went, sometimes dull pain and an instance of sharp pain. I went to the bathroom and saw a very light pink spot on the toilet paper. Now it is a couple hours later and I still have spotting on toilet paper, but it is a very light brown.

I have irregular periods, and finished my last period one week ago. I also have had three miscarriages in the last year and a half - 2 chemical and one at 13 weeks. I am 34 years old. Is this likely a miscarriage or the implantation ocurring?

Thanks,

Jenny

Hi Jenny! I need a little more information from you OK?

1. when was your last time you had unprotected sex?
2. Are your periods regular?

I'm pretty sure that this is your ovulation time, and thus this pain and the spotting! But I can help you further with some answers OK?

Thanks for the response! My periods have always been irregular, but have become much better the last year or so (PCOS) with most of them coming within a 30 - 32 day cycle. Last unprotected sex was 8/30, and before that was just before my period began, I think on 9/21 or 9/22.

Can ovulation really be this painful??? With the PCOS I have ovulated seldomly in my life.

One more question...if you think I am ovulating, should I have intercourse withe the spotting and cramping? We are trying to conceive!

Hi! Know I understand a bit more, regarding you having PCOS I would like you to get checked out by your doctor, because of your history with miscarriages and your cystic ovaries! Then you have to be careful! From this information I would hazzard a guess that it could very well be implantation bleeding! Due to you having ovarian cysts, that could be the reason for the pain, as usually implantation is just a mild cramp and spotting! So just get checked out - its VERY early, but just keep an eye on everything OK!? Start taking your prenatal vitamins - just in case! And I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you!!! So remember, ANY intense pain from here on in, get checked out! And in a week or so, ask for an ultrasound - it still might be too early to tell, but they could just see if there is an implanted embryo! The only thing I'm worried about is an Etopic Pregnancy! But fingers crossed! It doesn't sound like a miscarriage by the way, as the timing of this sounds just right for implantation! Good luck and health honey and please keep me updated OK?

Thank you thank you thank you! I am going to pay special attention to everything over the next week, and go to the doctor then. I don't have insurance but am prepared to foot the bill if this really is a pregnacy!

Take your vitamins, and just take it easy for a bit! Even though there is no correlation between exercise and exertion and miscarriage, due to ALL that you have been through, better just to take it easy OK? Also Lets wait for about 2 or 3 weeks - I KNOW that sounds like years!!! XD But since you don't have insurance, there is no use spending the monies when it will be too early to tell! Also there is a lot of research lately into women taking prenatal vitamins and increased fertility!!!!!! So it wouldn't hurt in your taking the vitamins and keep beeing "busy" ;-) All my best wishes go out to you and I will keep you in my prayers and keep everything crossed! God bless and please keep me updated!!! They call me the "Pregnancy Queen" on here - as I have a pretty good record of determining the outcomes!!!! It's a gift!!! ;-) XD XD I am looking forward to you being another vote!!!! LOL Good luck honey!

Hi Jen! Do you have an update for us? I'd like to hear if your pregnancy turned out to be or not. I'd appreciate it if you can give us an update. THank you! :)

It was a miscarriage, most likely a chemical pregnancy given the likely ovulation time. Thanks for the responses and the support!

:'( So sorry honey! When you recover from this, just know that this WILL happen for you and have faith in it! Even though having a miscarriage is an awful thing to go through the positive - if I can say this - side of it is that you CAN and DID get pregnant!! So keep that in your mind OK? Good luck and health honey!

hi bambi.. i just have a question. see, i am a bit confused. i have been on pills for almost a year. last septembr 5 i had my period and it stopped on the 10th of september. on the 9th i finished my whole pack of pills and not took another pack anymore. my hubby and i did it on september 12 with him ejaculating inside and we did it again on the 14th and 15th still with him ejaculating inside. we made love again on the 18th and 21st but he pulled it out. i am just confused whether or not i could be pregnant since on the 18th i've had this spot of faded pink blood on my panties and lately i have been having cramps in my lower abdomen, feeling a little nauseous and dizzy and been having back pains as well. also i have started experincing this morning non stop need to pee. really it's like i pee 3x every 10mins or so. or if i just sit down on the toilet seat, i would pee little by little without pain but with a tingling feeling like i am still not done peeing. i don't think that i am experienceing UTI since i've had that before and it wasn't the same. i was just wondering if you happen to know if stopping the pills could have caused me to ovulate urgently and thus i could be fertile on the week of the 15th? could the pills have caused me to ovulate in an instant and thus making my assumptively safe days my ovulation day even if i just finished my period? could you help me? since i need to know your opinion about this.i know its too early to use a pregnancy test so i really need your advice. i have had miscarriages too before both just weeks old that is why i started taking pills. i just want to be cautious now if ever you people being more experienced at this believe that i may be pregnant.

thank you and i will be waiting for you response.

I'm not sure what it is but it doesn't sound like you've miscarried. IT's possible that you are in the early stages of pregnancy but it's too early to call it now. Can you take a pergnancy test in a couple weeks?

Hi honey! I really think that what you are experiencing is actually implantation bleeding!!!!!! Which would mean you are indeed pregnant!!!! Right now it's too early to tell, so lets wait for 1 more week! Then instead of wasting your money on a HPT go to your doctors office and ask for a blood test! This is definitive! In the mean time get your prenatal pills and start taking them OK? IF and I really mean IF you aren't pregnant, Prenatal vitamins have been shown to increase fertility!!!!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you honey!!! I hope my Pregnancy streak continues!!!!!

hi bambi. thank God i heard something from you. it had been so crazy lately. well thank you for the response thank you too healthfitnessguy for sharing some views. i would just like to update you people of what is happening to me now. so i am feeling a little nauseous but the vomit doesn't continue; it's just like a FEELING. also, the back pains and cramps come every now and then, especially when i do something that needs my body's effort. the urination did not worsen although i urinate quite frequently still. what prenatal vitamins should i take? anyway, i am waiting for next week to take a HPT since i am supposedly menstruating on the 2nd or October if i am not pregnant, so if i don't get my period i would definitely test at home. and even if i get a negative result i would still push through with my doctor's appointment on the 3rd or cotober. i really hope this is it! wish me luck all. and i really hope your intuition is right.thanks sweety.

Your welcome honey! I truely think you are pregnant! The nausea, the back pain, the urination etc. So Fingers and toes and eyes crossed for you honey!!!! XD