Unfortunately, one more thing we have to worry about came up – our child has been diagnosed with ADHD and I hope that the medications will help him deal with that condition. We will also help as much as we can, even though I am not sure if we can do anything. Anyway, is there a link between ADHD medications and substance abuse?

You don’t have to worry; I am telling you that from the start. It has been proved and published that medications used for dealing with ADHD do not produce any kind of addiction, and are completely harmless. And I think this was announced just recently by American Journal of Psychiatry, couple of months ago.

Those medicines are not gonna turn a kid into a drug addict. There are no physical addictions even with the amphetamines. But, people abuse those medications left and right bc you can get a buzz off of them. But as for the patient, it is perfectly fine for them. I have seen my nephew make so many improvements since he was medicated. He went from getting paddled several times a week, to maybe once a month. He also went from C's and D's to being on the A honor roll last nine weeks of the school year. So, if the child has been truly diagnosed I think it is a great idea to put them on something for it.