Is it normal for a 14 year old boy's scrotum to get frequently itchy? Why does it happen? Can I prevent/ cure it?

It could be a couple of things but first, do you notice any rash?  Is the skin flaking?

You can get jock itch, a fungal infection.  
It could also be due to hairs starting to grow.

Try using a different soap.  Some soaps can dry out the skin making it itchy.  The skin on the scrotum and penis is fairly thin compared to the rest of your body.

Hope it helps.

Yeah that does help. I recently started growing pubic hair, so that could be it. If it persists are there any moisturizers or something I can use?

that was...... helpful thank god theres mature discoutions about this 

Hi there,
You have to understand that you are young and that you probably entered in your puberty period of life. So you will notice some chances in next couple of years. The itchiness in the scrotum might come from several things. First your pubic hair might be growing and there for they might cause the itchiness. Also it might be some sort of rash which causes your scrotum to get itchy. Have you noticed anything strange down there? If you see any small bumps this might be caused by rash or irritation. The serious part might be that you have some sort of infection which needs treatment and you have to talk to your parent about this then.

All the best,
Danella

There are holes in the shaft of my penis is this normal?

That's where pubic hair is going to grow. Hair is going to come out of those holes/bumps.

Message body Hi, you must also be told that the itch could be do to the fact your scrotum is always adjusting itself and this movement does move the skin,hairs etc. All very normal.

NO THAT IS NOT NORMAL

Hi I have little white kinda bumps on my scrotum? What should I do?

I'm getting itching on the penis and scrotum what does this mean and also skin colored spots

My son is twelve and he's got jock itch we tried all anti fungal creams but the problem is that it itches a lot for him that he is not able to go to sleep. Do you have any solution to treat the itch?

Yes creams such E-45 which is a double base moisturiser. It is completely natural and has no fragerence witch will not burn your intimate area

That was very wise and helpful to us parents im sure. Thank you so much.

I myself have never seen this but talk to a parent or doctor about this