Hi everyone! let me start off by saying that I love my boyfriend a whole bunch. We have been together for almost a year and a half and though we have had so rough times, we have always worked things out. We're in a long distance relationships which is hard for both of us but we have found ways of getting around them. The only problem we have is that he won't open up his family to me. When he came to visit in October of 2005, he met my nuclear family (mom, dad, siblings) and my cousins, my aunt and my grandpa. He even has my parent's and sibling's phone numbers just in case anything were to happen and we would need immediate contact. I'm always talking about my family and giving him updates on how they are. When I ask him if I can talk to one of his family members, he always shuts off and says that he's too shy and scared of me meeting his family. I thought it was a phase and it would go away but it's been more than a year since I have been asking him and he's always telling me that I'll get to talk to them "one day". I have always told him how I felt when he promises me those useless lies and one night got really mad at him for it. In order to "make things right", he decided to give me his family's numbers but I refused to take them because I know that he was only doing it out of guilt and I don't want him to do that. I didn't give him my family's numbers because I felt guilt. I did it because to me family is important and I know it's important for him too. I wish he would let me talk with them because I would really like to meet them. How do i get him to let me talk to his family without making him feel guilty?

well..i have the similar experience, my boyfriend was hesitating to introduce me to his family. and i request him many times and he finally agree with me..sadly his brother even refuse to talk to me. but except for him i have talked to his parents and cousin, friend..they seems okk..even though they are not interested in me as much as my family did to him. my question is..have you ever doubt your lover? remember this is a long-distance relationship even you he met your family but you have never met his family in person right..do you believe everything he told you?

by introducing you to his family his family might take that as you are very seriouse and you will be a part of their family soon and he does not want to do that cause he is not ready to commit to you in that way yet. Not saying he is not thinking you might have a future together but also he might feel pressured about it... let him do it on his time because it is a big step... also he might be worried his famiyl will get attached and if something happens between you two it would be uncomforable for them expecially if you guys get close..

when he's ready he'll introduce you.. you don't want him to feel guilty, so stop forcing him to introduce you... you should wait until he's ready..