Not intersted:

So there's a guy that I know who seems really into me, but the feeling isn't mutual. He's a nice guy and all, but I only like him as a friend. How do I let him know that I only want to be friends? He also happens to be a brother of one of my dormmates. Even if it did work out, I don't want to mess things up with my dormmate. Then again, if I let him down, it might also mess up my relationship with his sister.

Interested:

Then there's the guys that I'm interested in. I'm really shy and find it hard to talk to people, especially guys and more specifically guys I find attractive. The more attractive they are, the harder it is for me to talk to them. One guy in particular gives me butterflies when our eyes meet.  I'm fairly certian he likes me too. Let's call this guy Guy A. Guy A stares at me (in a non-creepy way) when I walk past him in the hallways, even when I'm wearing a really loose fitting hoodie and no make up. I do encourage him by smiling at him a little bit. He gives off the vibe that he's shy too. Guy A is the first guy that's given me butterflies since my ex. We seem to have a lot in common, I've overheard him telling a hunting story or two. 

I've never been good at flirting, though I've looked up how to flirt several times on Google. It's been four years since I've had a relationship with a guy, and I think I'm ready to try this dating thing again. I've learned to let the guys chase me instead of me chasing them because I somehow manage to spook them off.

If y'all have any tips/advise for a shy/akward person like me, I'd greatly appreciate them.

On the first, be honest with him, tell him that he's "a nice guy" but you "only like him as a friend" not a bf and that you would be honoured to have him as a friend.  He is hardly likely to turn you down and is unlikely to "mess up" your relationship with his sister.

On Guy A, can you get a friend to ask you about your hunting/fishing trip when he is close at hand and hopefully he will interact.  

I'll have to try that soon. Thank you for the ideas.