Hello, I'm 25 years old and my husband and I have been together since we were 17. He's always played games ever since I've known him. In a way I know it's his escape, but at the same time recently it's gotten worse. We have two small children and live away from our family and friends since he is in the military. All I can say is that I am at a loss here. From the time he gets home until he goes to bed all he does is play his games. I usually end up going to bed alone everynight. I am tired of feeling alone even when he is home. To make matters worse he seems to have lost all interest in having sex, I feel like our relationship is crumbling and i have know idea what to do. Every once in awhile when he takes a few srconds away from his game he'll come over and try to kiss me or hug me, but I know it's just to keep me from being so upset for his benefit. Things have gotten to the point where I have told him that it bothers me, that it upsets me, that I have needs, that I am unhappy, and none of it matters. On weekends he plays from the time he gets up until he goes to bed. Now he'll play and once I go to bed he stays up and will watch porn to satisfy his "needs." We used to have sex on a weekly basis. Sometimes two or three times a week.Now from his end I see no want or interest at all. He tells me that it's not like that that he just has to be in the mood, but when he waits until I go to sleep to watch porn I can't help but feel like it's me. He's all I have here, him and my two children, but really I don't feel as though our relationship has any meaning anymore. I just want to know that I am not the only one that this is happening to, and what have others done to fix things? I don't know what to do anymore asking, telling, begging, voicing, nothing gets through to him and with the lack of intimacy in our relationship  now... I'm not sure I want to do this anymore. Oh, and if we do happen to have sex he's not himself anymore. I don't know how to explain it, but something is diferent. Something is off. He's there, but it's like it's not him. Wierd I know, but it almost seems like a chore, or that I am taking him away from the games to have sex. I don't know maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but something has changed and it hasn't been for the good.

Have a proper sit down talk with him about what you don't like about him and want to change, start threatening him about leaving him if he carries on like this. But if he doesn't respnd to this and carries on, end it. He's not worth your time hun.

Me too, my husband too. For years and years, and we moved a lot, and were far from family, and I felt i had no one but him and then not even him. I have decided not to leave as we are raising children, and am working on building my own interesting life that does not depend on his presence. I started going to church and made some girl friends, and also connected with wise older women who can help me keep things in perspective. Husband is usually sleeping off a gaming binge on Sunday but sometimes he joins the kids and I. We went to counseling and he is aware that his gaming bothers me but he won't not do it unless I get mad and I got tired of getting mad to get grudging attention. The sex thing is hard. They prefer porn because it's easy, it's all them and their head(s), no one to try to please, no one real they have to connect with. I have no help to offer there.

Hon, trust me, video game addiction can be as bad as beer/smokin' addiction itself. The ways mentioned like .. threatening might seriously screw up your relationship. At this point , he still loves you but is ignorant. But if you threaten him or annoy him, it will become a clash of egos and we know how it ends. The best way to try out would be try the 'i am the victim attitude' here.. Try to emotionally move him by showing how helpless you are