I had a hysterectomy three years ago. About six weeks ago I had a mild pancreatis attack (was not hospitalized), with increased lipase levels. The following week I had light bleeding (remember--no uterus) and severe abdominal pain and pressure similar to that of transitional labor. I still had upper abdominal pain because of the pancreatitis. A few weeks later I had really bad interior rectal pain after a bowl movement and again started bleeding and experienced the same lower abdominal/vaginal pressure and pain. It happened again about 10 days ago. Everytime it clears up.

Additional symptoms which may or may not be related are swelling and red vulval and vaginal area, pain on surface of skin in that area. My OBGYN also noted a "granuloma" high up in left vaginal area as well as a small "undetermined" lump which he thinks might have been my ovary on the upper right area of my vagina during a rectal/vaginal exam. Both locations caused excrutiating pain. Also, I have had white seedlike specs in my feces for over six months now and now have an orange mucous that covers stool on occassion. (Could that still be left over from Barium drink 10 days ago?)

I have had 2 CT scans (abdominal and pelvic) as well as 2 ultrasounds (pelvic and gallbladder) which show nothing, other than fatty deposits on my liver. PCP says that is not the cause of my symptoms. My OBGYN thinks I'm exagerrating my symptoms. I am now out on medical leave due to the anxiety and frustration of not figuring this out!

Last possibility--my husband is being evaluated for possible Diabetes and we both noticed that my pain and symptoms were highly exacerbated after intercourse. However, all blood tests come back negative for STDs (just in case, I had them test), lipase levels, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. I am hoping my PCP will refer me to a GI but am beginning to feel like the office staff simply thinks I'm a nutcase.

Find another doctor!

well said Starfire. I'm having the same problems after 13 years post total hysterectomy ( no uterus, cervics, or ovaries). And all the sudden I'm now have vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain and I already had back pain due to arthritis and degenerative disk disease. I am currently on a high level of pain medication and I can still feel the pain, I couldn't imagine dealing with the pain without my pain meds. before my hysterectomy I was just like you going insane and seeing psychiatrist because no one believed me. I also have Fibromyalgia and it is a difficult illness to get anyone to understand also. I have no doubt your dealing with endometreosis and that I am again as well. You should find a doctor that believes in you and has some empathy for your illness thats where the start of recovery begins an understanding doctor! I hope you get relief soon and you and me both can relieve ourselves of this god awful disease. Hang in there and remember the people who can empathize with you seem to all be on this site if you need support. God bless!

Hi I had a hysterectomy 24 years ago I was left with my ovaries ... I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this ... I don't have sex very often because of the pain I have Milroys disease Fibromyalgia Cfs Ibs and mild Lupus but after sex and during I'm having heavy bleeding even clots was wondering if anyone else has had anything like this .... thank you ... Wendy