My last period was about 3 weeks ago, and I had THE HUGEST blood clot come out of me while in the shower...a mass as large as the palm of my hand... I thought it was just me getting older, almost 30 w/ no kids. Anyway, out of nowhere, right after sex w my boyfriend, I had severe lower abdomen pain, almost like I had severe indigestion, however I hadn't eaten yet. It was sudden and severe, i actually thought i might vomit, but eventually passed. Nothing is new, just worried the two may be linked. Obviously I need to make an appointment, but does anyone have any ideas until then???

Hope everything turned out ok. 

I had an experience similar to this... I ended up having an ovarian cyst that had ruptured. The pain is intense but not life threatening(: I'd ask your doctor to do a transvaginal ultrasound and check for cysts

Sometimes large blood clots can mean that you got pregnant but had an early miscarriage. You should check with a doctor.