Hi, I am a 25 year old woman, and are having problems with my stomach area. It started with pain in my right side about 2 months ago, 2 weeks ago it got worse, and now I have been off work for nearly 3 weeks. The pain is also in my right lower pelvic area, sometimes radiating over to the left, but mainly on the right. I have great urgancy with my bladder, and am urinating somewhere between 15-20 times a day (small amounts) and feel pressure on my bladder. yesterday I was shopping, and I all of a sudden started getting sharp pains in my right side, and lower right pelvic area, it doubled me over, I was in alot of pain. It only lasted 2 hours, then the sharp pain went and it went back to a cramping, like aching pain, wich was verypainful aswell. Today I got my period, and I was in a terribal state. The pain was agonising, cramping, period pain, with the same right hand side pain. my doctor was not on yesterday, I went in for a papsmear, and saw another doctor, who prescribed me digesic for the pain, but they make me feel nausiated. I have also had a ultra sound and they also put a camera inside to have a look inside at the ovaries. I rang my doctor, but the results are not back yet. What if they cant find anything? what should I do next?

The symptoms you described remind me of my problem with cysts on ovaries. I start experiencing a lot of pain when I am about to get my period. The pain is unbearable and it sometimes radiates to my thighs. I don’t have the symptoms all the time but when I do, they are awful.

Here are some of the symptoms ovarian cysts can cause: pressure, fullness, or pain in the abdomen, dull ache in the lower back and thighs, problems passing urine completely, pain during sexual intercourse, painful menstrual periods and abnormal bleeding, nausea or vomiting and breast tenderness.
My cysts don’t interfere with my cycle but I hear many women experience change in their menstrual cycle, they either become irregular or start having spotting between periods, which can be quite frustrating.
What did an ultrasound show? Cysts are usually seen with an ultrasound. It can actually show how the cyst is shaped; its size and location; and whether it’s fluid-filled, solid, or mixed.
If they don’t find anything, I am sure they will point you to another kind of doctor. If they don’t, you should ask them.

Hey, another relation to the cyst thing is that sounds like Endometriosis! It can cause all of those symptoms and more.....it is best to get it checked and taken care of especially when it causes you to miss work as whatever this may be it must be treated! When you see your G.P. make sure you tell them EVERY symptom that has happened, even if it was a headache or a dizzy spell as it can all be related. But honestly, I suffer from Endo and I sometimes have to get cysts removed (sometimes these cysts are referred to fibroids) Seriously do some research on the condition as sometimes in order to get the correct treatment we need to do some research ourselves especially when the doctor can't seem to figure it out. (remember, they too are only human, so sometimes we have to help them along too!) Endo can cause problems at anytime, sharp pains, dull pains, fatigue and so much more! It is the kind of condition that if left untreated it can leave a woman infertile or put her into early menopause....

HI I to have been living this hell. I have lower pain dull pain on right and left side and have been finding it a little harder to have a bowel movement. My one doc says I also have a very enlarged uterus and she is pretty sure I have fibroids. I am scared to death I have cancer somewhere. The fullness in my lower belly will not go away but does ease up. Does this sound similiar....please help me feel sane....

Hey I have pain on the right side of my abdomen and my back for 2 weeks now. It feels like I pulled a muscle in my back. I also have a small bulge in my right abdomen that isnt really noticeable. Anyways I thought I had an ectopic pregnancy and went to the ER today. They said it was just a urinary tract infection. Im so happy it was something simple. Go to the Dr and find out it may be something small or it may be something serious. The Dr also said if you leave a uti untreated it can affect your kidneys and be serious, I hope its not.

To ease your mind, fibroids are not cancerous nor do they lead to cancer, I have had them for nearly 10 years. However, they will start to cause problem such as you mentioned in your message. Relax and look up more information on fibroids, this will ease your mind a little and God bless you!

I too have cysts on my ovaries. I have 1 on my left side and several on my right side. I have had several cysts from my right side burst and it was super painfull. Everything that happened was for a whole month off and on severe pain on my right side, no bleeding, and when they finally burst i had gotten up to go to the bathroom and when i was done and went to stand up and got sweaty then freezing with goose bumps almost threw up dropped to my knees and damn near past out. I got in to see my doc that morning and they checked me out with an ultra sound and my doc told me that when you do have cysts on your ovaries and they burst you can actually die from that if left untreated. I would not wish the kind of pain i went threw on my worst enemy. What ever anyone does NEVER ignore those symptoms.

I have been battling these symptoms for almost 3 years, It started with a year of test and ( Your not telling the truth) My pain was fake they said , Drug seeker, Then they went in and removed my right overy, A year later almost to the day they removed my uterus( Hystrectomy). Then once agian 2 months later pain.......I had a hernia then they repaired that and now the pain is still there worst and above the surgery spot but I have used all my resorces, Every doctor in my area is afraid to see me and think that my pain isent really Back to the seeking meds theroy....Im so frustrated if I didnt have kids I would have killed myself or checked myself ito a mental hospital by now anyone else feel this down . And yes Ive tryed antidepressants ( wow didnt help much at all) all I can think is will it ever end , I liv ein Renton seattle washington area if you know of a doctor that cares about people please post ! Thank you

Hi, I am a 34 mother of 3, I have been getting kidneys stones since I was about 13 years old. I went many years with out getting them, but about 7 to 8 months ago it started, on my first day of my period with in a few hours of starting the pain would start. It is always on my right side goin from my back around my right side to lower right abdomen. From there the pain will radiate down my right leg. The pain will last for about 12hours more or less. Then just go away. Then about 2 weeks later same type of pain all over again. Sometimes like 3 to 5 days after the 2nd time some more pain but not as bad.

The pain i feel is so bad, I look for anything that will knock me out.
I am not forsure if I getting kidney stones every month or am I getting ovarian cysts all I know is i cant take this pain much longer.

hi im 21 and a mother of 1. for over a year iv felt like im banging my head against a brick wall as no doctor has diagnosed me yet and iv been in so much pain. i get lower abdominal pain on the right hand side that sometimes goes into my groin it feels like a tearing sensation if i stand up to fast. also back pain and bloated stomach. iv had a colonoscopy,laparoscopy and 2 ultrasounds, all they found was 1 cyst on my right ovary could this be causing the pain which they said was not the cause. im feel to embarrassed to go back to the doctors as im sure they think im making it up! the pain has become part of my life that iv just had to deal with.

Hi There, I have read a lot of the messages above and I wanted to say, that I feel your pain. I have been battling stomach issues all of my life which just recently got worse (over the last 4 months) We tried everything and finally they found out that I have Endometriosis. I had a laparoscopy done and since then I just haven't been the same. I thought it was my appendix or maybe even a bladdar infection. It got so bad that was symptoms were: Stomach pain and bloating all over, center of my chest (below the ribs) felt like it was throbbing. I couldn't eat anything (and the smell of certain foods made me very ill) throwing up once daily, going to the bathroom right when i wake up (majority of the time with diarrhea) and right afterwards, I would get the chills and need to lay down. I could barely walk up the stairs, or even stand to cook myself a small meal (that I could take like 2 bites out of) Finally, I went to the emergency hospital after my stomach tensed so hard I couldn't even move my hands or foots. Every part in my body locked and I felt like I wanted to throw up but my body was in shock! I wish I didn't let it get this far, but I tried everything from thinking it was my wisdom teeth -to- swine flu. All my results came back negative. However I want you all to know, that I never would've thought it could be this and that is why I want to spread awareness. It called Celiac Disease and its more common than you think. This Disease has a WIDE variety of symptoms, one including that doctors cannot distinguish between where the pain is in the stomach and that is why they have a hard time figuring out what is wrong with you. I spend the last 2 months of my summer, either sick on the couch and in my doctors office / hospital. I don't wish this pain upon anyone and that is why I want you all to know, there is help!! My mom has been my biggest supporter in changing my diet and helping make both my conditions, easier on me. There is a healthier way to life, and I'm ready for it. The best thing you can do with stomach issues is watch your diet, exercise and keep happy (a positive mind frame goes along way!)

Thanks for listening to My Story :-)

Hi

I am a 34 year old woman who has two children! I recently fell over and ever since i have been in pain. It started like a pressure pain by my pubic area, which then moved to the right side of my abdominen then eventually right around the lower back. I went to the doctors yesterday and showed him a sample of my urine, which turned out i have a bladder infection and he prescribed me antibiotics to take for 3 days.
Early hours this morning, the pain was excruciating and it woke me up, it hurt to lie on my front, and my side!
I had to come and get 2 inflammatory pain killers plus my antibiotic and the pain stopped, but i don't want to rely on tablets, i want to know what is wrong with me. Hopefully after the 3rd day i will be fine and all my pains will disappear.

hi i am 20yrs old and i have been experiencing this pain in my left and right side of my abdomen for a while and i got an ultra sound done and they told me they didnt see any cyst and i also have pain in my back does any one know what this could be please help

I have been dealing with abdominal pain since I was 11. They were constantly telling me I was making it up, that it was all in my head. Several times they told me I just had a UTI. It took them four years to diagnose me with IBS, Gastritis, esophagitis, and gastroperisis. They put me on a strict diet, and all kinds of meds. Nothing helped. After I got pregnant with my daughter, all the pain disappeared. It was awesome. I was pain free for almost three years. A few months ago the pain returned and worse than I ever remembered. They told me I had a cyst. Then they told me that the cyst must of ruptured because it wasn't there a week later. I went to my OB/GYN and she said I had an adhesion from my appendix to my right ovary. When I ovulate on my right side, it weighs down the adhesion and causes severe pain. She said it shouldn't cause me any problems and to let her know if the pain worsened. The pain is worse and now I have no insurance to go back and have it removed. After much research I found that I may have intestinal endometriosis. It matches all of my symptoms and what they have tried to diagnose me with in the past.

I feel like death. Woke up at 6 this morning with severe pain to my right abdomen that radiates. Felt like a UTI right away- but the pain has never ever been this severe. I am nausea and chills...can't sit or stand. Just so uncomfortable. Could it be a kidney stone?