Hello Everyone,

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for the past year with no success. This month I thought I was suffering from pregnancy symptoms: swollen breasts, nausea, fatigue, light cramping, but when I took a test it was negative and sure enough my period started a few days later. However all of the symptoms persist and now I have a sharp persistant pain in my lower left abdomen as well as lower-back pain and sharp pains in my shoulder blades. Is there any possibility that this could be an ovarian cyst?

Thank you!

The symptoms of an ovarian cyst include:

• Swollen/sore breasts
  • Abdominal bloating/swelling
  • Pelvic pain in various situations, like before menstruation and during intercourse
  • Lower back pain
  • Nausea and vomiting

You can see how some of these symptoms could easily be confused with pregnancy symptoms! Since pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, as long as you test after you have missed your period, I would say that yes, you could have an ovarian cyst. Check it out with your doctor to know for sure, and to see if you need any treatment. Fibroids and endometriosis can cause similar symptoms as well, I think?

hello there , 

I  read your post , and i have had the same symptoms too, i though i was pregnant as well 
so my husband and I took a few pregnancy test and they all came out negativ . but the symptoms were still there with my cycle . so i went in and sall my doctor. he did a lot of blood test and urine test as well , and come to find out i had many ovarian cyst , on both of my olvers . it's hard to hear that you have them for the fact that you most like have to have operation to get them removed if you are trying or planning to have kids in the future  . i was scared to be honest with you . but my husband and I did what we had to  . i went in for the operation last year of 2010 and to be honest havent had a symptom since then . we have not got pregnant yet , but my doctor told me it could take up to 6 months to a year . so we just hope and pray . i hope this helped you in some way .:)