Not sure I've put this in the right place but maybe somebody could help me.
I've been to the hospital with severe back/stomach pains.
I did a urine sample and they said I didn't have enough protein, so I saw a doctor and he said I could possibly have a cyst on my ovary/ovaries.
He also gave me some painkillers called Co-Dydromol, and Buscopan, I only started taking them last night and the pain is still excruciating, do I need to give more time for them to start working?
I'd really appreciate some help on this asap as I'm in agony.
Thank you.

Hi honey! IF they think you have an ovarian cyst, they need to prove that by giving you a pelvic ultrasound or better yet an internal vaginal ultrasound! When you are dealing with your ovaries and all the veins and nerves around your pelvic belt, when they hurt BOY do you hurt!!!!! So I have a feeling that you do indeed have an ovarian cyst, and perhaps endometeriosis!!!!!! So DEMAND an ultrasound and ask them to help you further! Buscopan is used more so for IBS and abdominal spasms! AKA muscle relaxant! Co-Dydromol is used for mild to moderate pain and is just a bit more potent than asprin!!! So since you are in SUCH pain I would think that neither of these are really helping you! Also take them every 4 hours, don't wait till your already in pain, as your pain rreceptors have already started freaking out and wont calm down! You need something stronger for this pain! And I don't think they are taking you seriously enough! So demand more OK? Cyber hugs, and please let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health honey! Warm compresses on your pelvis should help somewhat!!!

Thanks very much Bambi27, but to be quite honest the pain has started to stop, it's not gone completely, but it's easing off quite alot. I will still ask for a scan to make sure everything's 100%, but for the moment I think that the painkillers I were given are working. I will still take your advice as a precaution, thank you. :-)