hi , when i was 14 years old i found a lump , i went to the doctors who in-turn sent me to the hospital , i had an ultrasound done and was told that i had a cyst which would disappear in its own time , i am now 28 and i still have this pea sized cyst on the epidermis , it does not cause me any pain unless i press the cyst with my fingers and this subsides quickly when i leave it alone , I've started to worry about it recently again and am just wondering if this is common has any one had a cyst this Long should i go back to my doctors , also my partner and i have been trying for a baby for the last year , would this cyst play a part in stopping me from conceiving ,, any help would be gratefully appreciated , thanks

I think you mean you have an epididymal cyst, a cyst on your epididymis. Your epidermis is your skin.

Usually they go away on their own. Since it has not, then yes I would go back to your doctor and have it checked. It can be removed surgically if necessary.

I can't say for sure if it would affect your fertility. The cyst can be caused by a blockage in the ducts that carry sperm. You do however, have two sets.

I would suggest you speak with a urologist. This is truly their area of expertise. Explain to them your concerns.

Please keep us posted. Good luck.

OK ,,I've not been correct in my explanation , the pea sized lump is actually under the skin , i was only told it was a cyst when i was younger , i got the rest of my info from web , so I'm wrong its not on the epidermis , but actually under and close to my testicle ,
i put off going to the doctor due to embarrassment

the cyst is not on the epidermis, its actully under neat and close to the testicle

I can understand you being embarrassed by going to the doctor but please don't be. This could be nothing.

Without knowing what structures the cyst is near it is hard to pinpoint the source and what the effects may be.

Please consult with a urologist. This is there area of expertise. Just putting your mind at ease will be worth it. They can answer your question about fertility and test if necessary.

Keep us posted. Hope it helps.

thanks medic dan ,ive made an appointment at my doctors , and will keep u posted ,ure reply has been very helpful to me cherrs

Your welcome spudlen. Good luck. Dan