Hello

I am hoping for a little insight on some problems i have been experiencing for the past several months.

What started with the flu, eventually turned into laryngitis after a couple weeks and hung around for a lengthy 2 - 2.5 months. When i visited the doctor, he said to just continue to let run it's course and also prescribed me nasal spray because he thought it could be post nasal drip. I did not use the spray because several of my family members warned me about it drying out your sinuses and not being very good, aside from thinking it wasn't the problem to begin with. The hoarseness finally subsided, but the 'fullness' in my throat continued to hang around.

Right now i have the feeling of a lump in my throat, but now it has introduced some breathing issues. It's hard to explain, i can breathe normally for the most part, but if i take a deep breath, it feels like the lump gets bigger, and sometimes 'catches' almost like a flap of skin gets sucked into my airway. I can avoid it for the most part, but sometimes if i bend over it catches my off guard and suddenly restricts my breathing briefly. If i am lying on my back , it is significantly worse and more difficult to avoid. If i breathe in turbulently when this happens, it sounds like i am snoring. I guess this would be known as 'stertorous' breathing. It only happens when i breathe in and doesn't seem to be getting any worse or any better.

My diet has always been great, i go to the gym 5 times a week, and i drink 3-4 liters of water a day. I don't drink alcohol, but i was a chronic pot smoker for about 10 years. I have been smoking occasionally but since stopped for a couple weeks now. I also used to drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day which i have also given up. I did so in case my problems are due to silent reflux. Other than that, i am worried that maybe i have a polyp or nodule.. or some other unknown complication.

I have no other symptoms besides the globus sensation and the breathing issue, no soreness, no coughing, no chest pain or lung issues (that i am aware of). I do have persistent stuffiness, but no runny nose and no allergies that i am aware of.

Another thing, i had a very bad episode of anxiety in the early stages of my laryngitis. This included things like night sweats, chills, intense and long lasting nervous feelings, strange 'electric shock' feelings that would happen at the moment i would be about to fall asleep, leading to insomnia. Also a partial loss of sensation that started at my scalp and slowly spread across most of my body. Upon going to the ER and visiting my family doctor, they all concluded it was anxiety, as most of these symptoms happened at night, and i was still able to perform fine during the day.

Anyway, all that being said, if it was just the globus sensation, i wouldn't be too worried and narrow it down to anxiety, but the consistent breathing issue is what has me a little worried.