Hello, I was on another board few days ago. We were talking about congenital hip dysplasia and if it can be diagnosed in adult hood? I am very interested in finding this information. I have dislocated my hip on several occasions in my adult years. I am very flexible and I have hyper-mobility syndrome. I would like to hear some opinions or experiences here.

I was just diagnosed with hip dysplasia. I am 37 years old. I limped a lot because I had a Morton’s neuroma in my right foot for a few years before I had it diagnosed last fall. My right hip began to hurt and got worse after my neuroctomy. After this my left hip began to hurt on the side and right hip hurts right in the groin area. I had an MRI, so all my DR said was that my hip joint did not completely form. I do physical therapy for my left hip and I talked with my therapist about it and she gave me the terminology of hip dysplasia. I too am hypermobile and my hip joints are very weak.