Hello. I'm 30 year old female and I'm a bit worried about my mother who is very ill. About two years ago she had a stroke and barely stayed alive! Since then I'm nursing her in my home and she is feeling quite right. About a year ago she was also diagnosed with bone disorder called osteoarthritis and we are fighting a battle with this serious disease together.
The thing is that she had these bone pains all the time and had to drink pain killers almost constantly. The strongest pains were located in her hip joint. Just recently she was on some exam and her radiologist determined that her hip joint is damaged badly and that maybe she should have some hip replacement surgery and that she should think about it. So, I would like to find out more about these hip replacement techniques.

Hello. I know some facts about this type of operation because my wife has had this operation few years back. You probably know this but hip replacement, or arthroplasty, is a surgical procedure in which the diseased parts of the hip joint are removed and replaced with new, artificial parts. I can also tell you that osteoarthritis is almost the most common reason of this operation. These operations are greatly improved these days and the new hip is made of materials that allow a natural, gliding motion of the joint. There are several types of artificial joint and some of them are “Metal-on-Metal” which is the most common combination and “Ceramic-on-Ceramic” combination.
The operation lasts at least 2 or 3 hours and patients are allowed only limited movement immediately after hip replacement surgery.

I am 33 and had the Anterior Approach from the front metal on metal with plastic between it took 2 hours and during therapy sessioin there was a lot of older patients than me and one woman had a pacemaker and heart problems she was doing great... the anterior approach is way less recovery time and not as hard on the body and recover time is way faster