The doctor has discovered a lump on my vocal chords, which he believes to be a cyst. I was in a hurry and didn't get the chance to ask many questions and it seemed irrelevant to me at the time, since we don't know for sure it is a cyst yet. But I am having trouble talking and talking hurts. Is there anything I can do to ease symptoms?

You should go back to your doctor. It could be a cyst, but there are many other possible problems with the vocal chords, including nodules or perhaps even a simple inflammation or infection. When you say you are having trouble speaking, is that just for certain sounds, or all around? Cysts often prevent you from making higher pitched sounds, but don't stop you from talking all together.

Yeah, I can still talk it's just that it causes me discomfort or pain, and especially first thing in the morning when I wake up. Any kind of screaming noise is impossible for me to make, but talking is always unpleasant, and taking tylenol doesn't help much either. Any way, thanks for your help.