Hi! My cousin has a problem with swollen lymph nodes. She’s worried a lot because she doesn’t know anything about it. Please, can somebody explain to me why lymph nodes swell. What does it mean when you have swollen lymph nodes in your groin, underarms and in the neck? Is it something dangerous? Thanks!

Lymph nodes are small glands in the body and they are part of the lymphatic system. When lymph nodes swell, that’s mean that you have some infection or disease. When lymph nodes swell in two or more areas of the body, it is called generalized lymphadenopathy. It can be a symptom of many diseases.

Hi there,
Swelling of the lymph nodes in your body can indicate several things but it always indicates some kind of an infection in your body. However this is not only thing that can cause your lymph nodes to get enlarged. This can also be an allergic reaction. Do you know if your cousin has any allergy problems? The thing that most fear is cancer and I have to be honest with you. Cancer can also cause the swelling of the lymph nodes. The good thing for him would be to do a blood test and see if his blood work shows any abnormalities that might indicate to some sort of condition.
I hope that he gets better.

I have been feeling under the weather for a few months and two weeks ago I noticed that the gland in my neck is very hard but not painful. I have no sore throat but keep getting a shooting pain in my ear. My doctor says that my ear looks fine and my blood tests are normal. Today I noticed that the glands in my groin are swollen and I  have pain above my belly button. I feel also feel nauseas and dizzy. I feel like a nuisance going back yo my doctor, but I feel that something is wrong. Any advise wouuld be appreciated.