My nine year old son has been complaining about having a sore throat for about 3 weeks now. It doesn't hurt all the time,when he swallows, early in the morning, at night and when he hasn't had anything to drink for a while. His throat is not red or swollen and he has not had a fever. I noticed yesterday that he had enlarged lymph glands on the back of his neck. There are about 6 or so, some are small (pea sized), but there are a few that are pretty large (small gum ball sized). He has environmental allergies that are well controlled. I am unsure weither or not he needs to go to the Pediatrician or just wait it out. Any advise as to what could be causing this would be great. Thanks

TAKE THE KID TO THE DOCTOR!
Better safe than sorry anyway.

Lymph nodes are part of our immune system so they will have a reaction when our immune system is under attack. From what I have read your son is having some kind infection in his throat. The lymph nodes swelling at the back of his neck shows that the infection is located in his neck area. Have you given him some antibiotics to treat his throat problem? Allergic reaction can also trigger lymph nodes so you have to consider this as a possibility as well. If they stay swollen for few days your best option would be to take your son to see a doctor and there you can run some test to determine what is causing your sons problems.