HI, I have enlarged cervical lymph nodes. Submandibular and posterior cervical. Could this make my neck really sore and my throat and tongue? Thanks!

Hi there! As far as I know, swollen lymph nodes wouldn’t make your throat sore but the infection/illness/disease that is causing your throat to be sore as well as your tongue is what is making your nodes to swell. Lymph nodes are a part of our defend (immune) system and they are the first to fight the disease and always get swollen when there is an infection present near by.
Swollen cervical nodes would usually indicate infections of the head, neck, sinus, ears, eyes, pharynx, etc
I also heard that lymph nodes in the neck get swollen when there is mercury toxicity. If this is the case, you would also have swollen nodes in front of the ear, under the jaw, and on the back of the neck.