Hello! I have a friend and she is 31 years old. She has very demanded job and few days ago she noticed that she has swollen lymph nodes. When she told me that, I told her that she should not be worried about this because these swollen lymph nodes are caused y stress. I have told her this because I do not see her worried. Now, I want to know if this is true. Thank you in advance!

Hello! It is nice the fact that you want to protect your friend. I think that you are probably right because swollen lymph nodes can be caused by stress. Namely, stress affect immune system and then organism is open for various infections. But, if after a week or two she still has swollen lymph nodes then she will need to visit her doctor.

Hi Essy,
You have to understand that stress is very powerful thing and can make your body weaker and it can influence many conditions but I don’t think that it can make your lymph nodes swollen on its own. There has to some kind of infection in your body if your lymph nodes are swollen. You need to know that lymph nodes are part of our immunity system and when something is wrong in our body they tend to fix it. Your friend needs to check her blood and see if there are any infections in her body. Blood test can confirm this. She needs to rest and give her body some time to regain its strength.

All the best

Hallo,
When you have lymph nodes swelling in your body you should know that in most cases this is caused by some sort of a infection. Where does she have swelling? You have to know that lymph nodes are located in our whole body. This way when the swelling appears on your neck you can narrow down the infection to the neck or maybe in your ear. I am not really sure that swollen lymph nodes can be caused by stress. Infections are more likely so she should check her blood at the hospital to see if she has any infections in the body. Also she has to know that lymph nodes will get back to normal as soon as she gets rid of the infection.